What a terrible show tonight’s was. It flipped-flopped constantly between mediocre and bad, and it was a chore to get through. I kept hoping for a pleasant surprise and the closest I got was Kris Allen (I expect excellence from Adam at this point, so that wasn’t a surprise).
For the first time this season, my rankings haven’t changed from the previous week.
- Adam Lambert. Head and shoulders above everyone.
- I flirted with dropping Allison Iraheta to number three, but I’m not quite there yet. She needs to be much better next week if she survives.
- Kris Allen continues to surprise. He has been the most consistent performer other than Adam.
- Anoop Desai will never attempt another uptempo number again.
- Danny Gokey was wretched tonight, and he’s much too inconsistent to warrant the praises heaped upon him and the votes he gets.
- Matt Giraud. At this point, I’m starting to think that his couple of good performances were “even a broken clock is right twice a day” sorts of occurrences.
- Lil Rounds will not be forgiven for defiling “The Rose.”
I will update this post with Former Housemate Mike’s rankings when I get them.
Update: Here they are.
Not very elaborate this week, as I am under the weather.
- Adam Lambert. Really blew me away this week.
- Allison Iraheta. Wasn’t a fan this week but still good.
- Danny Gokey. Boring again this week, but still solid.
- Anoop Desai. Really good this week. Hope he sticks around for the first time this year.
- Kris Allen. The best song choice of the week. The first time he’s really been likable in my view.
- Matt Giraud. Worst of the night by far. I think he’s very vulnerable this week.
- Lil Rounds. Please let this end. Please.